Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Settled in Hospital Room

All settled in the hospital room. The have me on the monitors, IV is in, and they inserted something in me called Cervidil that will soften up my cervix so that it will be ready for delivery. It takes about four hours to work so they'll come back and check on me. After this they may start pitocin, depending on the results.

We have a pretty big room with an AWESOME view of the city! I am starring at all the lights right now and can't sleep. I am excited, yet scared. Our nurse is great. She is so accommodating it almost makes me wanna move in here...he he he. We just met with the neonatalogist and asked a few questions about what they'll do with Austin once I deliver. He will be immediately intubated and sedated so they can stabilize him to get blood work, x-rays, etc needed to determine how much lung power he will have. I believe his lungs will be better than they expect. I just feel it!

Well I should try and get some rest now just in case I'm in for many hours of labor. Goodnight :)

6 comments:

  1. Good luck!!! I will be thinking about you all day today and praying that it goes well for you and AJ! I really believe he will show them all as well!!
    Hugs,
    Jennifer
    Mom to Dakota 12-25-2008

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many, many prayers are coming your way, for you, little Austin, and the many doctors and nurses who will be working on your precious baby boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My prayers are with you and your family. Especially baby Austin. Our unborn son Niklas Isaac was diagnosed with LCDH in February. We will be delivering at UCSF as well in July 2010. I would love to come visit you and baby Austin when we are there on April 7th. My name is Stephanie. I said a prayer for you and for baby Austin last night and this morning. Psalm 121 1-2 "I will lift up my eyes to the hills from whence comes my help? My help comes from the Lord who made heaven & earth. Pray to God and he will answer your prayers. This is something I have to pray and believe everyday!

    ~Stephanie & Baby Niklas Isaac LCDH due 7/2010

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you and praying for AJ! Hope that precious boy is here or soon on his way. Keep fighting AJ. Praying for your family and AJ!

    (((HUGS))),
    Tracy, Ian's mom from CHERUBS

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am hoping I am able to post now. It wasn't working earlier.
    We are praying for you and thinking of you
    Austin fight this CDH monster!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm thinking of the both of you!! Be strong!

    ReplyDelete