Wednesday, March 10, 2010

ONLY TWO MORE WEEKS!

Until Austin arrives, boy how time has flown by! The other day I received some sad news about another CDH baby, Baylee Grace, that was born last month who didn't survive or as they say "grew her wings." I cry and pray for her family. I am very aware of the reality of this severe defect, yet I still can't imagine going through what her family must be going through. I have managed to stay mostly positive this whole time and I don't want to lose that.

On a happier note, I now have a place to stay in San Francisco next week. Thanks to "Nayeli's Faith" foundation, we will be able to stay locally the week prior to my induction in case I go into early labor. I am very appreciative of the support I am receiving through this foundation as well as other CDH foundations such as Breath of Hope, CHERUBS, and Global CDH. I have learned so much from them and the members. We are truly blessed to have so many people praying for us.

Thank you all! I will post another update once I get settled in S.F.

4 comments:

  1. Just wanted to let you know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and little Austin! I am so glad that you have found a place to stay, just in case he decides to come early. I got your blog link off of the Breath of Hope boards. My son, MJ, 'grew his Angel wings' this past August. I pray that Austin will never grow his, and come home safe and sound with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are glad we could help. You are in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad that you have a place to stay, can't wait to hear that Austin is stable and begun his healing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liz and Shane are wonderful people and so glad you have a place to stay. Praying for your son!

    Tracy Meats - Ian's mom from CHERUBS

    ReplyDelete