Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A night in pain - not related to pregnancy

Last night was a rough night. My stomach started burning and then the pain moved into my back. I couldn't sit or stand comfortably. All I could do was pace and take deep breaths. I took some Tylenol and tried to relax but my body just wouldn't let me so I decided to go to the ER. Being pregnant does have it's perks! In the ER I was seen right away, nothing I've ever experience before! I was given some pain meds which eventually kicked in and calmed me down. Then the OB nurse came in to check on baby. I've had this severe stomach pain twice prior two being pregnant but in the last week, it's happened twice! Before I was given meds for an ulcer and then had an Upper GI but by the time I had the Upper GI, either the meds worked and got rid of the ulcer or there wasn't ever one and they just contributed it to Acid Reflux. They've even checked my gallbladder in the past and it wasn't that either. This time the pain was worse, maybe because baby is pushing on things, I don't know but it was unbearable and I never want to feel it again. The doctor came in and basically said stomach pain could be a variety of things and gave me some mylanta......typical ER experience for me! The burning was still present even though the pain meds helped the severity of the pain, especially the back pain. He then gave me a pill that prevents stomach spasms and another dose of mylanta, this time coated with some numbing substance. These seemed to help and I was able to rest. Good news is baby was okay through all of this. His heart rate was normal and I wasn't having contractions :). I knew it wasn't the baby but didn't know if the severity of the pain I was in could effect the baby. Guess I'll add this problem to the list of appointments I need to make. Fun never ends.....

1 comment:

  1. I am not sure how many times I have said this but I know that God has a wonderful plan for your son. I am so sorry you have to go through this but I believe that your reward will be great because of your suffering. Stay steadfast and keep the faith. I am in prayer for you to ease your pain. Austin Josiah is going to be a blessing to our entire family. Josiah is a strong biblical name. He was the youngest king in Judah and was the only righteous king for many years. Your son also will be a righteous and good man.

    ReplyDelete