Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Appointment with my regular OB/GYN & the High Risk OB/GYN

It had been a month since I last saw my regular ob/gyn. She went over my records from Stanford and said, "I'm so sorry Nichole" and she started to get teary eyed. Of course this set me off and we were both sobbing. She listened to the baby's heartbeat and went over some lab results I had. My Vitamin A and protein levels were low. She ordered some more blood work to check my glucose levels again.

I will continue to see her monthly until I fully transfer to Stanford and/or UCSF. I still need to tour the NICU facilities at both hospitals and meet with the pediatric surgeons at Stanford.

At the High Risk OB/GYN's office, they did another growth ultrasound. Baby is growing at normal rate, he's approximately 2 1/2 lbs now. I can't believe in just two months he'll be a full size baby! My stomach is going to really be popping out soon.

So far I've only told a couple close friends/co-workers at work (besides my boss) that I'm pregnant. It will be interesting to see how long I can go before it's just obvious. Who knows, I might be out on maternity leave before anyone finds out :). With everything that's going on, I haven't been enthusiastic about telling others. I try to stay buried in my work to prevent myself from crying. God knows I do enough of that at home. It's sad that I'm feeling this way but it's just still to hard to deal with.

1 comment:

  1. I was looking for the information about OBGYN and Gynecologist. I found your blog very informative about OB/GYN services. But sorry i am looking for Obgyn in Austin Tx.If you can help me it will be great.

    ReplyDelete