Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Amniocentesis

Today I went in for my Amniocentesis. This is something I've never experienced before and wasn't sure what to expect. I was very scared. The nurse thought I was scared of the needle but that wasn't it at all. I was more afraid the procedure would cause me to go into premature labor and making chances of survival even worse for my little man.

The needle went in and felt as I would have imagined. What I wasn't expecting was the thump and pressure of the fluid coming out into the tube. It was a strange feeling and I jumped a bit. I started to cry, again not because of the pain but because of the fear of going into labor. I was also very emotional because I was there going through this alone.

Good thing it didn't take long and their weren't any complications...whew!!! Now I am home resting for the rest of the day while I await my appointment at UCSF tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment